Voting Rights Restoration

If you have lost your voting rights in Alabama because you have been convicted of a felony that is not one of those listed below as Prohibitive Felonies and you wish to vote in Alabama, you may have your voting rights restored by the Board of Pardons and Paroles provided you have met the following conditions:

  • You have no criminal felony charges pending against you in any state or federal court
  • You have paid all fines, court costs, and court-ordered restitution
  • And ANY of the following are true:
    • You have been released upon completion of your sentence
    • You have been paroled
    • You have completed probation or parole.

You can contact the Board of Pardons and Paroles at (334) 353-7206 or your local Pardons and Paroles Field Office for voting rights restoration or to apply for a pardon.

You can also send a completed Certificate of Eligibility To Register to Vote (CERV) application to the ACLU of Alabama.

Click here to download a copy of the CERV brochure.
Click here to download a copy of the CERV application form.

Mail the completed form to:

The ACLU of Alabama
P.O. Box 6179
Montgomery, AL 36106



  • Murder
  • Treason
  • Impeachment
  • Rape
  • Sodomy (any degree)
  • Sexual Torture
  • Sexual Abuse (any degree)
  • Incest
  • Parents/Guardians Permitting Children to Engage in Obscene matter
  • Production of Obscene Matter Involving a Minor
  • Enticing a Child to Enter a Vehicle for Immoral Purposes
  • Soliciting a Child by Computer
  • Production of Obscene Matter
  • Possession of Obscene Matter
  • Possession with Intent to Distribute Child Pornography