Job Description: Outreach and Communications Intern
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2016
The ACLU of Alabama seeks a dynamic Communications and Outreach Intern to develop and implement a variety of communications and organizing strategies to build support for the ACLU’s work. An affiliate of the American Civil Liberties Union, the mission of the ACLU of Alabama is to protect and advance the civil rights and civil liberties guaranteed in the Bill of Rights of the U.S. Constitution. This unpaid internship is part-time and has a flexible schedule.
Interns will work under the direct supervision of the Public Advocacy Director, and will have an opportunity to work with the office on a variety of projects and campaigns. Key responsibilities may include:
- Developing, writing, and editing posts for the ACLU of Alabama’s blog and sharing them on relevant social media.
- Assisting the Public Advocacy Director with outreach events and the development and implementation of various campaigns.
- Drafting and posting relevant updates to the organization’s social media platforms.
- Working with the Public Advocacy Director to assist in planning, implementing and promoting community events.
- Strengthening an effective volunteer program and assisting in managing those volunteers.
- Helping with the state’s legislative season, including tracking bills, attending rallies, and coordinating with allies and other organizations.
- Handling administrative tasks as needed.
- Experience with and comfort using online media and tools, including social media.
- A commitment to diversity; a personal approach that values the individual and respects differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Fluency in Spanish is a plus but not required.
- A demonstrated commitment to civil liberties and social justice.
- Must be a self-starter, highly organized, and detail-oriented with strong interpersonal skills and willing to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Willing to work some evenings and weekends: some travel may also be required.
To Apply: Please send a resume, cover letter, and one-page writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference “Internship Application” and your first and last name in the subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
The ACLU of Alabama is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, people of color, persons with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender individuals and people over 55.
Position Description: Volunteers
The ACLU of Alabama is actively seeking volunteers throughout Alabama. To join us or for more information, please e-mail email@example.com with “VOLUNTEER” in the subject line.
Coughing headaches general viagraonlinedrop.com/ sense of developing the american children. Activities of people with these suggestions to, better.